Monday, August 29, 2011

Get on Board Day Through the Eyes of a Freshman


             As I walked through the Ferguson Plaza squeezing by many other students of UA, I wondered to myself what is going on and what is Get on Board Day? As a freshman, large crowds struck me as overwhelming. I couldn’t figure out what was going on and how I could become apart of this large moving crowd.
             It wasn’t until a few moments later, when a girl looked my way with an invitational smile to come over to her booth. As I reached her booth titled “The Crimson White,” I already began to feel included. She explained to me that Get on Board Day gave students of any age an opportunity to walk around the Ferguson Plaza to each booth to find out more information about all organizations on campus.
            I soon felt much relief as I looked around and the large moving crowds were no longer intimidating. Everyone in these crowds were in the same position I was, on a search for an opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills. After thanking her for help, I began walking around filled with excitement because this was the day I found the organization that I belonged to on campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment