Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Daniel Connors's Farewell Address

A New Foundation 

For all who don’t know, I took an exciting opportunity to study in China next semester. However, it saddens me because as of today I will be stepping down from my position as Director of Communications for the SOURCE. Being Director of Communications has given me the chance to experience the memorable journey of transforming the image of a resource center that over 400 student organizations have called home. My team and I were given the task to redesign the SOURCE logo and other related advertising materials. I believe that we have fully accomplished this goal. We created a new logo, built an advertising campaign that will kick in full swing next semester and increased awareness via social media and our blog. We also increased the communication outlets between the student organizations with newsletters and increased publicity for the new and current SOURCE events. We have finally finished building a new foundation to help to continue and expand its resources to be the voice for all student organizations.

Although there is still work to be done, I have confidence that Katie O’Laughlin, the new Director of Communications, and her team (Emily Dowdell, Elisabeth Garcia, and Cate Roepke) will continue these efforts of building awareness for the SOURCE. These efforts will be continued through the new advertising campaigns, maximizing publicity for Spring Get on Board Day and other events and also offer advice to new and old student organizations. The SOURCE grows and our voice becomes stronger through every newsletter, student organization of the month articles, posters and handbills, logistic documents, leadership programs, tweets and Facebook updates. Student organizations who continue to use the resource center as guidance for their clubs are guaranteed a successful year. Networking and the resources we have to offer will develop stronger relationships between the SOURCE and student organizations. The short seven months that I have been with the SOURCE has been eye opening because it showed me the true face of the University of Alabama with all the interests and passion that embodies within it. I want to make sure I leave this resource center with its unique perspectives that always has been the voice for student organizations for the past twenty five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment