Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spring Get On Board Day Through the Eyes of a Sophomore


By: Emily Dowdell 

With Spring Get On Board Day 2012 approaching, I thought I might take this time to share my experience with last year’s event. Much like Fall Get on Board Day, the purpose of this event is to give students an opportunity to see some of the organizations the University has to offer. And just like in the fall, students can browse tables, learn about the organizations, and sign up to receive more information about joining. However, Spring Get on Board Day is decidedly more casual, with organizations that at this point in the year would like to gain a few more members, and are serious about that goal, and luckily, it’s inside! As a freshman last year, I used Spring Get on Board Day to talk to a few organizations I was interested in joining after dropping half of the organizations I joined in the fall and decided weren’t for me, in a less hectic situation. I really do strongly encourage everyone to go. At the worst, you’ll have spent ten minutes out of the cold, and at the best, you might find an organization you’ll enjoy for the rest of your college career.

No comments:

Post a Comment